Saturday, September 13, 2014

Finally - a sweater for me

I am not sure what happened this summer, but I started knitting a sweater for myself.  I've had the yarn for it for a while and have been going back and forth for what to do with it.  Heathery charcoal grey cascade 220 and a few spare skeins of stuff that could be used for contrast.

I settled on Hannah Fettig's Yoked Cardigan.

The pattern picture is of a baby, but the size range goes through adults.  It was totally worth paying for.  I wouldn't have figured out the method on my own and yet, it is so delightful and straightforward to knit.  I have had trouble putting it down.



I decided to use the contrast color as though I made a fancy colorwork sweater, except it is basically just a stripe.  I think you add button bands on later, so I'm not sure how things are really going to look in the finished product, but for now, I love it.



Here it is as of this week.  Even though it is crazy hot out here, it is still soccer knitting.  I have less than an inch left of the body, then it is time for the sleeves.




No comments: